Saturday, November 9, 2013

24 Weeks!



How far along? 24 Weeks!

Baby's size? Ear of Corn, about 8.5 inches and 1.6 ish lbs.

Total weight gain: Depends on whose scale I'm on. Mine at home says 13 lbs but the dr's office on Thursday read closer to 16. I like our scale better ;)

Maternity clothes? Yep! (pictured above) still just the one pair of pants, I have a hard time finding cute Maternity clothes.

Sleep: Good.

Best moment(s) this past week: Hearing the heartbeat again. Got the room painted!

Miss Anything? My Diet Coke addiction. I indulge in one more often than I did my first trimester, but before pregnancy I was downing multiple 32 oz's a day. I also miss running without a care. I don't dare now.

Movement: I felt some slow but big movements this week! It was like a bum or a leg just pressed up against my hand. And then I felt it roll. It was magical, the only word I can use to describe it.   

Anything making you queasy or sick: Car rides have started to get me feeling slightly sick again.

Cravings: Chocolate Oranges!

Labor Signs: Nope.

Gender: Baby Girl Brooklyn.

Symptoms: Starting to feel sick again. Chubby face feeling.

Belly Button in or out? In. 

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  I got a little moody the other day, I am still very happy though! I just chewed Jordan's head off about ruining the surprise dinner I wanted to make him. He probably thought I was crazy. He's so supportive, I love seeing how much joy he has in his eyes when he talks about holding our baby for the first time.

Looking forward to: Hopefully getting a crib within the next few weeks. Okay, it's getting real now! I am so happy to have made it this far. It comforts me to know that in about 2 months I could have her early and she'd be perfectly healthy. Not that I want her to come anytime before she needs to, but knowing that if she did if she'd be able to live, that is flippin exciting!


The other night I had a dream that I had our baby at home, and I just wrapped her up in a blanket and went and grabbed Jordan and said "look babe, she's here" and he immediately grabbed her and held her against his chest and rocked her. She was sooo perfect! She had a thin layer of dark brown hair, it was a full head of hair. (this is very unlikely to be how she really is born, very likely she'll have light hair, but we'll see!) Then I told Jordan we better call the hospital and have her checked out to make sure everything is okay, then her nose started to turn black so they told us it might be broken. It was crazy.

I've had the craziest dreams lately. All they do is remind me how much I can't wait to meet you baby girl! When I see pictures online or mommies at the star I just get this pit in my heart and think of how bad I want a baby and to start our family. When I think that it should happen in the next few months I just feel overwhelmed with happiness. We sure do love you Brooklyn. So very much.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to meet baby Brooklyn!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

How exciting! Being a mom really is the best thing in the entire world! You are going to love every second and be the cutest mommy ever!