Thursday, March 21, 2013

TBT / Words That Move Me

Lyrics.
Don't they have a way of moving us.
Sometimes I feel like "how could anyone feel as attached to music as I do" just because certain songs I have such intimate (not the sexy kinda intimate) relationships with. It's just something internally, emotionally that can calm me or pump me up. However, I am sure about everyone has these same experiences. It just reminds me of how even the most outspoken person is still such a mystery. I pulled out a few old journals last night (in hopes of finding the exact date of mine and Jordan's first kiss for a project I wanted to do) and just about every page had random lyrics or poems. I miss this about myself. I don't write nearly as much as I once did. It used to be something I was so passionate about.

Any-who...

Here are a few lyrics that speak to me currently. I like how I can take them out of context and fit them to me personally.
"Shoot me down. But I won't fall. I am titanium"
"I will go down with this ship. And I won't put my hands up and surrender."
"Let me feel you. Carry you higher. Watch your words spread hope like fire."
"I don't want the world to see me 'cause I don't think that they'd understand."
"Life happens while you're making other plans."
"I have spread some love and some lies. I'm only truthful half the time. But truthfully darlin' you held me close and I've never felt so alive."
"Backstreet's back alright!"

Okay so the last one was kinda just for fun. But in loving spirit of Throwback Thursdays here we go.

 Vegas '10

 My 19th Birthday.

 Halloween '08

Amy and I, 2010

Photobucket

No comments: