Saturday, January 26, 2013

Balance

Life is a balancing act. I do not believe that any one person has it easy no matter how they make it seem. I once heard that the person you think to be the happiest person you know could possibly be on a suicide mission. When I heard that was the biggest wake up call to me. How can anyone treat anyone horribly when we don't know, ever really know, anyone's emotional struggles? How can we judge? How can I judge?

Life is a balancing act. At least for me. If ever I feel moments of anger, I try to take deep breaths. If ever I feel ounces of sadness, I try to count my blessings. If ever I feel overwhelmed, I try to close my eyes and resolve. I don't believe we can really control our emotions, we can just try our best to keep them balanced. Because, in my eyes, it is healthy to feel them all.

Deep down I always hope to be able to lift someone when they are secretly having emotional struggles of their own. Somehow help them. I am not sure what it is laziness or selfishness but most days I just don't try hard enough to reach out to others.  


 Oh and Jordan has had me listen to "Raindrops" about 5 times today. I think it's by Lifehouse? Well it's stuck in my head!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Rolled Up Pretty said...

I LOVE this post! It is so true. So many times I have wanted to snap at someone while working and I always think, what if they just lost someone they loved, or something terrible like that. How bad would I feel for being short with them? It really helps us put things into perspective! :)