Monday, October 15, 2012

Geek to Chic

Remember a couple posts back when I mentioned Gina and I went to a few consignment stores?
Well I worked on a little frame I got there.
I didn't have anything crazy in mind for it.
Just a simple little paint job.
This guy cost me a total of ONE dollar.


I got a can of spray paint that ran about $2.
I did a few coats.
It has a few imperfections still.
I may sand it and do one more coat.
There are a few dips and bubbles.
Spray painting is harder than I thought it'd be.
Or I'm just craft-ily handicapped.

But it is now THIS.


I also got the a book from the consignment store.
I knew I was going to be using it to rip pages out so didn't care what it was.
Just hope I didn't accidentally cut out a page with curses on it or something.
I didn't see any ;)


It was THREE dollars.
And I got multi-use out of it!
See it standing on the right behind the frame?


So simple.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love it! what a cute idea to paint it!