Monday, October 4, 2010

Jour Vingt-Quatre

A letter to your parents:

I am going to be honest. I don't want to do this one. I have mixed feelings on things and I don't know how to put them in words. I also have a hard time posting stuff like that on the inter-web. Things I can't even admit to myself. So this is going to be short and sweet.

Dad,
You are so super amazing! Thank you for always being there for me. I enjoy every memory I've shared with you in my years of aging. You singing me "surfer girl" to get me to go to sleep when I was 5 or singing me "why can't people stay together anymore" When I was 16 with a broken heart. You have a wonderful way of being the greatest dad ever and I couldn't ask for a cooler more positive influence in my life. Thanks for being my glue when everything else fell apart. I love you. - Allie

Mom,
Thanks for all you do. I miss you. You always seem so far away even when you're around the corner. All I wish for you is happiness and if you find it hold onto it. You are always a phone call away and I appreciate all of the times you've been able to help me last minute when I've had a cooking question these last couple months. I want to spend more time together. Life is not easy for you, and I know this. I envy your strength, wisdom, heart, and faith. I hope one day to be as strong as you are. I know you might need to leave again soon but I understand and I'll miss you more than you could ever possibly know. Thanks again. I love you! - Allie

No comments: